Sudar Blogs: My Certification Experiences

A record of my experiences with certifications. Starting with BrainBench, moving on to Microsoft (MCP, MCDBA, MCAD) and … surely one day with Sun (SCJP), together with things I come across my day to day life.

Note: This blog has been moved to http://SudarMuthu.com/blog/

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Cleared 70-320 – Became MCAD

Hmm, Cleared my 70-320 exam also and attained my MCAD certification. As I told (in my blog) 70-320 was little difficult for me to prepare. But the exam wasn’t that difficult as I expected. But I had lot of questions from ADO.NET, which really helped me ;-) and I got 968 this time. As usual Microsoft Self-paced kit was very useful for this exam. So, now the big question, what is next? And the immediate answer is break ;-) I have been continuously writing exams for nearly 4 months now. So planning to take a break for about a week or two and then start with my next exam. And in the mean time I should decide my next exam. I have two options. • First one is to go for MCSD (I have only two more to go) or • Go for SCJP (Sun Certified Java Professional) Right now I am not able to decide which one to go for. So people give me your suggestions.
Technorati Tags: | |

6 Comments:

  • At 5/31/2005 01:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Respect sir,

    You can go for PCMM certification. People with such high merits should get that certification too. After that become a CMMi person. It will be very useful.

     
  • At 5/31/2005 04:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go all the way with MCSD.Net. I hope you do your certifications the hard way and not just cheat - as most people in India do !

     
  • At 6/02/2005 04:45:00 AM, Blogger Sunil Jagadish said…

    Cool! Congrats!

     
  • At 7/01/2005 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations, it is a very good accomplishment.

    I would recommend that you stay with the Microsoft track until finished. I started with the SCJP and it is a very different exam from the microsoft exams - The MS exams require a minimal knowledge of the details of C# or VB and more about the uses of the various Framework details. The Sun exam is *all about* the fine details of the Java language syntax and API.

    Some further thoughts on the Sun exam - visit www.javaranch.com when you are ready to begin studying for the test, an excellent resource. Also, after passing any one of the MS MCAD exams (assuming real knowledge and not braindumps) a person could write real Web or desktop applications. After passing the Sun exam a person could pass a high school advanced placement course in programming or write simple command-line programs in Java.

     
  • At 5/15/2007 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Sandeep said…

    Hello Sudar,

    I am new to Chennai and looking for some reputed IT related coaching centers in Chennai, especially for Java related skills. I know of NIIT and Aptech, but am not sure if these institutes will meet my needs.

    Do you recommend any institutes where I can obtain good Java skills related coaching. I am reachable at sandeep_d@hcl.in. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,
    Sandeep

     
  • At 11/22/2010 03:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi,

    I also completed my MCAD in 2005 Dec .But thn thr ws a break in my career.Nw I am wishing to come back.For that cud u pls provide me the details of the course like the version and contents etc so that I can update my CV.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home